Time for some blogloving - this cocktail is the work of JFL of Rated R cocktails.
Since I first saw the Coral Snake, I knew I wanted to make it, I also knew I wanted to change a single thing: The ratio of the coffee syrup to the cinnamon syrup. I am simply not a cinnamon person.
So here is my very slight twist on a masterful cocktail:
- 4,5 cl golden rum - I used Mount Gay
- 1,5 cl over proof rum - I used Lemon Hart 151
- 2 cl lime juice
- 2 cl blood orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white creme de cacao - I used Bols
- 1,5 cl coffee syrup - (I cooked 0,5 dl sugar with 0,5 dl water and 1 teaspoon of good coffee, let it steep for 20 minutes, strained and cooled)
- 0,75 cl cinnamon syrup - same technique as above 1 teaspoon good, ground cinnamon substituted for the coffee.
- 1 dash orange bitter.