It was a lot of fun. Very attentive pupils and always a joy to teach the alchemy of a well put together drink.
I'll not be so bold as to state with absolute certainty that my Bananary Buzz is that kind of a cocktail, but I'm quite pleased with it.
It is obviously a riff on a rye Manhattan - but it is mostly a tribute to the buzz.
One of my coworkers - who took the class - reminded me just how pleasant that first hit of strong booze on a late Friday afternoon anticipating a weekend off is.
How clever, pretty and on top of the world that one drink - maybe two (after three I'm under the table, after four I'm under the host) can make you feel.
And since a good drink needs a good snack, I tried out a recipe I noticed from Not Whithout Salt - Sweet and Spicy Peanut. I just used fresh rosemary instead of thyme and loved both the kick and the sweetness.
- 6 cl rye whiskey - I used Rittenhouse 100 for that perfect buzz
- 0,75 cl sweet vermouth - I used Carpano Antica
- 0,75 cl banana liqueur - I used Giffard Banane du Bresil
- 0.75 cl Maraschino - I used Luxardo
- 0.75 cl lime juice
- 0.75 cl simple syrup - made from moscavado
Post a Comment