Good friends brought me back a souvenir from their trek along the Portuguese coast to Santiago de Compostella in Spain: Shell shaped ice coolers. The shell is traditionally the sign of the pilgrim.
I wanted to show them off in a cocktail, and have had an eye on Cocktailwonk's twist on The Banana Life for a while. Not least because I am the last cocktail blogger to try my hand at a banana dolphin. I don't know it the actually invented it at Three Dots and a Dash but they certainly made it popular.
I ended up tweeking the twist, so I gave it a new name:
- 6 cl light golden rum - I used Damoiseau Gold from Guadeloupe
- 1,5 cl banana liqueur - I used Tempus Fugit Creme de Banane
- 1,5 cl blue curacao - I used a homemade
- 3 cl ruby grapefruit juice
- 3 cl pineapple juice
- 1,5 cl passion fruit syrup - I used a homemade
- 1,5 cl lime juice
I added my cocktail coolers on top og the drink mainly to show them off, but they actually kept the ice in the drink from melting and diluting the drink, so they ended up serving a purpose.
Post a Comment