The last few days I have missed several important days in the booze universe: Bartender’s Day, Margarita Day and Don the Beachcomber’s birthday.
So for Mardi Gras I mixed them all up.
I mixed Don’s Beach Planter - the recipe rescued by that amazing author and bartender Beachbum Berry - and since it took me more than two days to make the sugar for my King Cake (just a Danish smørkage) I decided I could use it for a sugar rim in honor of Margarita Day and because there is a hint of a Sidecar deeply hidden in Don’s drink.
- 3 cl aged rhum agricole - I used Savanna
- 1,5 cl Jamaican rum - I used Plantation Xaymaca
- 0,75 cl Cognac - I used Pierre Ferrand 1840
- 3 cl pineapple juice
- 1,5 cl lime juice
- 1,5 cl passion fruit syrup - I used homemade
- Dash Angostura
- Big dash absinthe - I used La Clandestine